Carrie Nardella email@example.com Carrie Nardella is the Administrative Assistant to the Emonet Lab. Carrie worked in the Medical School from 1990 to 2000. She returned to Yale in 2016 in the Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology. In her free time she enjoys living on the shore and raising her 3 daughters.
Ewa Chodakowski firstname.lastname@example.org Ewa is our lab technician. She has been at Yale since 2000. Ewa enjoys movies and spending time around New Haven.
Henry Mattingly, PhD email@example.com Henry is a postdoc, having done his PhD with Stas Shvartsman at Princeton modeling dynamic cellular processes, such as ERK signaling and the cell cycle. He also collaborated with Ben Machta, studying how to choose appropriately simple mathematical models. He enjoys hiking, exercise, board games, and cooking.
Keita Kamino, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org Keita is a postdoc, having completed his graduate work in the University of Tokyo under Satoshi Sawai, where he studied cell-to-cell signaling and chemotaxis of the social amoeba. Then he did a postdoc in AMOLF in the Netherlands under Thomas Shimizu, where he developed an experimental system to measure single-cell signaling dynamics of bacteria. He is currently focusing on the relation between spontaneity and responsiveness in bacterial chemotaxis. He has recently taken up swimming in his free time.
Thomas Lamot Thomas is a postgraduate who was working on C. crescentus chemotaxis during his master thesis in the University of Namur in Belgium. After a 4-month internship in our lab, he decided to come back to finish the project before starting a PhD. He enjoys trying out new activities and try to get the most out of his time at Yale. These days, he likes to hike, play board games and do some photography.
Aarti Sehdev email@example.com Aarti is a postdoc who completed her graduate work at the International Max Planck Research School of Organismal Biology and the University of Konstanz, where she studied odor background segregation in insects, under the supervision of Paul Szyszka. She is interested in what information insects use from intermittent plumes to locate an odor source, and the neural mechanisms involved in encoding olfactory navigation strategies. In her free time, she enjoys singing, going to the gym, playing kicker, video games and ukulele, as well as living a minimal waste lifestyle.
Mahmut Demir, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org Mahmut is a postdoc who did his graduate work with Hanna Salman at Pitt where he studied migration of E. coli in shallow thermal gradients. He currently studies adaptation of olfactory receptor neurons and navigation in intermittent odorant landscapes. He enjoys outdoor activities, hiking and discovering new places. He also likes to cook occasionally.
Nirag Kadakia, PhD email@example.com Nirag is postdoc and Swartz Fellow of Theoretical Neuroscience. Nirag completed his graduate work in the UC San Diego physics department in July 2017 under Henry Abarbanel, where he developed methods of statistical inference in nonlinear dynamical systems. He is broadly interested in computational and theoretical neuroscience. In his free time he enjoys relaxing with his family, working on his YouTube channel,NBA basketball, gym, guitar, and lounging at wineries and breweries.
- Adam Waite, Research Specialist at Calico Labs
- Amitaba Nandi, Assistant Professor at IIT, Bombay, India
- Carlotta Martelli, Postdoc at Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany
- Dervis Can Vural, Assistant Professor at Notre Dame University, IN
- Garrit Jentsch, Senior Scientist at BAST Inc.
- Oleksii Sliusarenko, Quant researcher at a quantitative hedge fund
- Roger Alexander, Senior Research Scientist, Pacific Northwest Diabetes Research, Seattle
- Xiongfei Fu, Assistant Professor, Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen, China
- Yann Dufour, Assistant Professor at Michigan State University, Lansing, MI
- Setsu Kato, Assistant Professor at Hiroshima University, Japan
- Junjiajia Long, Quantitative trader, Tower Research Capital, NYC.
- Michael Sneddon, Software Developer 4, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
- Nicholas Frankel, Postdoc with Wendell Lim at UCSF, San Francisco, CA
- Srinivas Gorur-Shandilya, Postdoc with Eve Marder, Brandeis University
- William Pontius, Software Engineer, Mighty.com, New York City
- Luca Rappez, Graduate student at EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
- Noah Olsman, Graduate student at Caltech, Pasadena CA
- Pedro Cisneros, Graduate student at UCSB, Santa Barbara CA
- Sébastien Gillet, Graduate student at University of Namur, Belgium
- Luis Hernandez-Nuñes, Graduate student at Harvard, Cambridge MA
- Hope Anderson, undergraduate at Wellesley University
- Charlotte Brannon, now doing 1-year internship in the Gerstein Lab at Yale
- Adam Fine, now graduate student at University of Chicago physics
- Megan Ayers, undergraduate at Lewis and Clark College
- Mattia Mah'moud, undergraduate at Harvard University
- Abhishek Sethi
- Adam Bildersee, software engineer at Google[x]
- Faez Syed
- Jennifer Wang
- Michael Weiner, Graduate student Cornell University
- Tobias Holden
Steven Zucker, Yale University
Grégoire Altan-Bonnet, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
John Carlson, Yale University
Philippe Cluzel, Harvard University
James Faeder, University of Pittsburgh
Scott Holley, MCDB Yale University
Christine Jacobs-Wagner, Yale University
Urs Jenal, Biozentrum, Basel Switzerland
Barbara Kazmierczak, Yale Medical School, Yale University
Thomas Shimizu, AMOLF, Amsterdam, The Netherlands